Reviewed by Barbara Morris
Ladies, are you tired of books that promise to tell you how to be more attractive to men? You know, the kind that make you want to barf — “How to Be the Woman Every Man Wants” “How to Catch the Man of Your Dreams and Keep Him Tied to Your Apron Strings” “How to Make Your Guy Love You More” “How to Get Your Sexy Back For Him” — blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc.
The tide has turned. Help has arrived. FINALLY, a book that explains to MEN in plain English how to be the husband every woman wants and brags about. It’s all spelled out in Shirley Wickland’s new book, Mastering the Art of Husbanding.
There are 12 chapters and each one focuses on a specific art that husbands can develop to endear themselves to their wives. The “why” and “how” of each art is discussed clearly and simply. The points are further driven home by many real life examples and stories, some cute, some touching, some sad and some hilarious. Some of the points are things that you might think you shouldn’t have to tell husbands, but as evidenced by the true stories, clearly some men DO need to be told. (Probably, MOST need to be told.) Included is a dynamite checklist for information all husbands should know about their wives. This checklist is worth the price of the book.
The following is what Ms Wickland promises is in it for the husband who takes her advice:
1. You will have a lot more sexual activity when your wife is happy and pleased with you.
2. You will be happier if she is happy
3. You will be less likely to get divorced, which will cost you a lot of money and heartache.
4. You will not have to worry about losing your children or your house or your car or anything else that can be lost in a divorce.
5. You will be an awesome model for your children.
6. You will leave a legacy of love and strength.
7. Your wife will adore and brag about you.
9. AND – You will have a lot more sexual activity when your wife is happy and pleased with you.
If achieving items 1 and 9 does not motivate every husband to read this book, they are beyond dead and don’t know it.
Shirley Wickland is a wife, mother and grandmother. Her book is dedicated to her father and her husband, “the two most important men in my life, who have shown me what ‘mastering the art of husbanding’ looks like.”
Mastering the Art of Husbanding is available at amazon.com. Visit the author’s blog at www.smwickland.com
Contact information: Shirley M. Wickland at email@example.com